2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2007 11:33 AM by peterj

Problem with jboss 4.0.5 and window vista...

atelieux

As in my previous post in thread

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=34392

the problem with jboss 4.0.5

[java] Root exception is java.io.InvalidClassException:
      [java] org.jboss.proxy.ejb.GenericEJBInterceptor; local class incompatible: [java] stream classdesc
      [java] serialVersionUID = 3844706474734439975, local class serialVersionUID = 4582256576523491346

still remains, also working and re-building with jdk 1.5.0 as suggested.

Can be windows vista the issue? now I will try to run jboss 4.0.5 and sdk 1.5/1.6 under XP and test if everything works...

• 1. Re: Problem with jboss 4.0.5 and window vista...
          atelieux

The other strange thing that happens with jboss 4.0.5 is that if i make a change in the source file.java, jboss don't take care of this.
          E.g. If i correct an error il the source bean.java (or remote or home), and recompile it with ant, ant sees the difference and complile the new version of the file, instead jboss gives the same previous error output, such as the source file has never been modified. Where's the matter?

• 2. Re: Problem with jboss 4.0.5 and window vista...
            peterj

For the serial ID version error, this means that you are using two different jar in your application - the jar used by the client must be the exact same jar used by the server. Usually, you will want the client to use the jar files found in the "client" directory of the app server (copy that directory to the machine your client is running on).

Changing a class within your application will not cause the app server to reload the class. You have to modify the timestamp on the primary descriptor, at which time the app server will redeploy the application. See http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=RedeployAnApplicationWhenChangeAFileInAnExplodedDeploymentDirectory.

Finally, this forum is for discussing the content of the O'Reilly book. Your questions belong in the Beginners Corner forum.