Our company has the software product based on the .net
framework with the IIS middle ware. because of the
requirement of our current market, we need to migrate
the whole architecture to J2ee based one.
we plan to start with changing the presentation layer
IIS to j2ee based one. the following are the list of
questions we need to figure out urgently. it will be
very appreciated if you can help on these.
1. do you think the tomcat web server a good option
for us or the other ones?
2. what should be the approach we should apply to
replace the IIS only at this stage?
3. how can we replace IIS with tomcat on windows and
keep all the existing binaries?
4. if the tomcat is a good option, then after
installing the tomcat, does the apache need to be
installed as well? if it is, why?
5. what is the next step for us to migrate the
architecture to j2ee based one after replace IIS with
6. do you recommend weblogic or websphere for us at
this stage? why?
7. we have one staff knows only the .net architecture
and don't know j2ee one, the other one knows only some
of the j2ee architecture and don't know .net one. we
want these two staff to work together to figure out a
way to migrate from .net to j2ee in a very tight time
frame. what can you suggest us to achieve this? what
documentation or books we need to do this without
recruiting additional resource?
8. if we change the whole .net to j2ee based, what
else we need to install, except of the tomcat? for the
whole migration, how can we map the
applications/components from .net to j2ee for this
migration, like, asp.net(.net) to jsp(j2ee), iis(.net)
to tomcat(j2ee), (sql server(.net) to oracle(j2ee)
it will be very appreciated if you can help on the
above as soon as you can.
Thanks and regards!