4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2007 6:48 PM by Kabir Khan

Messaging 1.2 integration in jboss5

Scott Stark Master

The version dependencies are broken. The worst seems to be the aop version which is 1.5.0.GA in jbm, 2.0.0.alpha3 in jboss5:

/home/svn/JBossHead/jboss-head/build/build.xml:900: The following error occurred while executing this line:
      /home/svn/JBossHead/jboss-head/build/build-thirdparty.xml:143: A versioning problem exists:
      Component: jboss/aop is at version: 2.0.0.alpha3
      but it is also required to be compatible with: [Compatible@4b142196{id=null, version=1.5.0.GA}]
      by: jboss/messaging

I'm updating this locally in my repo to see if I can even run with this aop, but there needs to be a jbm release that works with jboss5.

• 1. Re: Messaging 1.2 integration in jboss5
          Clebert Suconic Master

I'm running my testsuite using aop 2.0.0.alph3... and if everything runs ok I will add the dependency on the repository (or take corretive actions)

I want a complete run before giving a go.. what should take 4 hours.

I will update this thread afterwards...

• 2. Re: Messaging 1.2 integration in jboss5
            Clebert Suconic Master

aop is dependent on something while its dependency is not being declared:

[echo] NOTE: aopc incremental compilation might fail, if so do an ant clean first (see JMESSAGING-271)
            [aopc] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/metadata/spi/signature/Signature
            [aopc] at org.jboss.aop.ClassicWeavingStrategy.translate(ClassicWeavingStrategy.java:91)
            [aopc] at org.jboss.aop.AspectManager.translate(AspectManager.java:889)
            [aopc] at org.jboss.aop.AspectManager.transform(AspectManager.java:832)
            [aopc] at org.jboss.aop.standalone.Compiler.compileFile(Compiler.java:345)
            [aopc] at org.jboss.aop.standalone.Compiler.compileFile(Compiler.java:326)
            [aopc] at org.jboss.aop.standalone.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:234)
            [aopc] at org.jboss.aop.standalone.Compiler.main(Compiler.java:90)

I suspect this is the Adrian's microcontainer (or microkernel? I confused the names now)

• 3. Re: Messaging 1.2 integration in jboss5
              Kabir Khan Master

It is the container from the microcontainer. In aop trunk it is currently using the mc snapshot. I will update it to use the latest release and keep you posted

• 4. Re: Messaging 1.2 integration in jboss5
                Kabir Khan Master

I've upgraded the aop release's component-info.xml to fetch in the latest mc release