5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2009 12:18 PM by Jeff Mesnil

    Where are the management integration tests?

    Tim Fox Master

      Ok, I am confused here.

      I am looking through the management "integration" tests expecting to see a set of tests which basically do what the user will do. i.e. send management messages from the client to the server, and verify the results.

      But I can't find any, all I see is tests (which look more like unit tests) which call the control objects directly.

      Am I looking in the wrong place?

        • 1. Re: Where are the management integration tests?
          Jeff Mesnil Master

           

          "timfox" wrote:
          Ok, I am confused here.

          I am looking through the management "integration" tests expecting to see a set of tests which basically do what the user will do. i.e. send management messages from the client to the server, and verify the results.

          But I can't find any, all I see is tests (which look more like unit tests) which call the control objects directly.

          Am I looking in the wrong place?


          The management integration tests use the same code base for JMX and core messages.
          The only differences is how they build the management interface proxy:
          * with JMX, it is directly the MBean Proxy
          * with core messages, there is a CoreMessagingProxy which proxies the management call on the client side to a core message sent to the server side

          This was done to have the same test codebase for both JMX and core messages.


          • 2. Re: Where are the management integration tests?
            Tim Fox Master

            I can see AddressControlUsingCoreTest, MessagingServerControlUsingCoreTest, QueueControlusingCoreTest.

            Are the other controls TODO?

            Also, are there any integration tests that test invoking management operations using JMS messages?

            • 3. Re: Where are the management integration tests?
              Jeff Mesnil Master

               

              "timfox" wrote:
              I can see AddressControlUsingCoreTest, MessagingServerControlUsingCoreTest, QueueControlusingCoreTest.

              Are the other controls TODO?


              yes, they were missing. I've written them and I'm waiting for the trunk to be stable to commit them

              "timfox" wrote:
              Also, are there any integration tests that test invoking management operations using JMS messages?


              Yes, they are in org.jboss.messaging.tests.integration.jms.management, eg JMSQueueControlUsingJMSTest.

              I've tested core resources using JMX and core messages and JMS resources using JMX and JMS messages


              • 4. Re: Where are the management integration tests?
                Tim Fox Master

                 

                "jmesnil" wrote:
                "timfox" wrote:
                I can see AddressControlUsingCoreTest, MessagingServerControlUsingCoreTest, QueueControlusingCoreTest.

                Are the other controls TODO?


                yes, they were missing. I've written them and I'm waiting for the trunk to be stable to commit them


                No need to wait, you can commit them now.



                I've tested core resources using JMX and core messages and JMS resources using JMX and JMS messages


                Can you invoke all the management operations using JMS messages?

                • 5. Re: Where are the management integration tests?
                  Jeff Mesnil Master

                   

                  "timfox" wrote:


                  Can you invoke all the management operations using JMS messages?


                  Yes, it's orthogonal: we can send core messages to manage JMS resources and vice versa.

                  However for tests, I've tested core resources using core messages and JMS resources using JMS messages only