7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2009 7:31 AM by ataylor

Clustered example and a few other example things

timfox

I have taken Howard's simple clustered-queue example and got it to work.

The example programmatically creates two connection factories one to each node.

It then creates a consumer on each node and a producer on one node. It sends 10 messages and verifies that the messages are received round robin.

The example should probably be renamed to ServerLoadBalancing example or something similar.

I had to make a few changes to the config to get this to work.

One thing that I found confusing is the usage of two beans files - one for each server. This meant I had to change all the directories journal, bindings, large messages so each server was using a distinct set.

If we just had a different config directory for each server we wouldn't have to do that.

Also I found that start() was being called on each component twice during the startup - one time by the MC before it injects and another time inside the MessagingServerImpl start method.

We need to add the annotation to prevent the MC calling start/stop, Andy told me what this was the other day but I have forgotten. This still needs to be added.

Other stuff - there is lots of unnecessary cruft in the config files.