0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2003 9:35 AM by hergaty

Redeploy Classloader problem when communicating to another J

hergaty

Hi,

i've a ClassLoader problem with JBoss HotDeployment.

I've two JBoss instances running both exactly the same application (same jar). After starting both servers, one communicates with the other by looking up some EJBs in the others JNDI and doing some calls. This works very fine until I redeploy the application on both servers. Then the cast to the RemoteInterface of the other server runs into a ClassCastException. The Classes havent changed and still are excatly the same on both servers.

Print out the classloaders (whereas RemoteService means the remote object on which the classcast will be done with the RemoteInterface):

RemoteService.ClassLoader: org.jboss.mx.loading.UnifiedClassLoader3@23e5d1{ url=file:/Z:/sportbet-jboss/server/default/tmp/deploy/server/default/conf/jboss-service.xml/1.jboss-service.xml ,addedOrder=2}
      RemoteInterface.Classloader: org.jboss.mx.loading.UnifiedClassLoader3@1b9da92{ url=file:/Z:/sportbet-jboss/server/default/tmp/deploy/server/default/deploy/ebet-all-ejb.jar/23.ebet-all-ejb.jar ,addedOrder=24}

after redeploying:
      RemoteService.ClassLoader: org.jboss.mx.loading.UnifiedClassLoader3@23e5d1{ url=file:/Z:/sportbet-jboss/server/default/tmp/deploy/server/default/conf/jboss-service.xml/1.jboss-service.xml ,addedOrder=2}
      RemoteInterface.Classloader: org.jboss.mx.loading.UnifiedClassLoader3@105454a{ url=file:/Z:/sportbet-jboss/server/default/tmp/deploy/server/default/deploy/ebet-all-ejb.jar/29.ebet-all-ejb.jar ,addedOrder=34}

Thanks for any advice (or dirty hack :),
      Thomas