2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2005 8:48 PM by phamth

JSR-88 DeploymentManager

phamth

Hi,

I'm a newbie to JBoss. I am trying to use JBoss implementation of JSR-88 and have not been able to get very far. I was able to get an instance of DeploymentManager after instantiating org.jboss.deployment.spi.factories.DeploymentFactoryImpl and passing it the URI "jboss-deployer:localhost:8080". But when I made the call deployMgr.getAvailableModules(ModuleType.EAR, deployMgr.getTargets()) on the deploymemt manager, I run into this exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
      at java.util.Arrays$ArrayList.(Arrays.java:2342)
      at java.util.Arrays.asList(Arrays.java:2328)
      at org.jboss.deployment.spi.DeploymentManagerImpl.getAvailableModules(DeploymentManagerImpl.java:231)

Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

• 1. Re: JSR-88 DeploymentManager
          phamth

Further examination of JBoss code seems to indicate the DeploymentManager is not really connected to the appserver. So the JBossTarget.getAvailableModules() will returns null which will get processed by deployMgr.getAvailableModule() (and undoudtedly will encounter NPE).

I guess my question now is -- Does JBoss really support JSR-88?

• 2. Re: JSR-88 DeploymentManager
            phamth

Finally I got it working (at least past the point of exception). The correct (probably) connection URI is: "jboss-deployer://localhost:1099/jmx/invoker/RMIAdaptor". If you don't specify the path "/jmx/invoker/RMIAdaptor", JBoss will incorrectly default it to "/jmx/invoker/RIMAdaptor".