0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2008 3:51 PM by brian.stansberry

Clustering classes in the aspects module

brian.stansberry

The folks in Neuchatel have begun work on refactoring the aspects module into external projects so EJB3 doesn't depend on an AS module. I'll be making the following changes in support of this:

1) jboss-ha-client will add a dependency on Remoting and on a new to-be-created org.jboss.aspects:jboss-aspects-remoting project. This will resolve the dependency issue discussed at http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=124773, allowing me to move ClusterConstants, ClusterChooserInterceptor and FamilyWrapper into jboss-ha-client.

2) jboss-ha-server-api will add a dependency on jboss-ha-client. The org.jboss.aspects.remoting.ReplicantsManagerInterceptor will be moved into jboss-ha-server-api.

3) The org.jboss.aspects.remoting.ClusteredRemoting class is a helper utility for creating clustered proxies. No one uses it outside of an AS testsuite class, org.jboss.test.aop.bean.RemotingTester. I don't want to bring this class into jboss-ha-server-api as it has a bunch of hardcoded dependencies on other remoting interceptors -- I don't want that kind of detailed coupling to the jboss-aspects-remoting project. I think the class should either be removed altogether, moved to the cluster module or just left in a rump aspects module.

This work will produce a 1.1.0.GA release of jboss-ha-client and jboss-ha-server-api. I'll publish a 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT as soon as a snapshot of jboss-aspects-remoting is published.

In the 1.1.0 release I'll also add a HAPartitionLocator class to jboss-ha-server-api. This will be a utility to encapsulate HAPartition service location; get rid of the JNDI and JMX lookup code scattered in various places.