3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2004 9:49 AM by belaban

jBossCache Performance

fisy

Hello EveryBody,
      I am new to jBossCache and have downloaded the application with the sample examples. I am trying the use jBossCache in my application. My requirement in holding the objects in cahce is to be in the tree format. I got some info about Java Caching System, but seems it doesn't support tree form of building the objects. This made be to go with jBossCache.
      But i dont find detailed info on configurations and better straight cut examples about jBossCache. Could you someone post with the samples and required docs to proceed this with.
      Also, I need one more clarification as :::, Lets say i have built a tree with the nodes as A -> b-> c -> d, here is it possible to set the object time expire property to each and every node level.
      Also i dont find any comparison chart about the performance of caching with the other opensource vendors.

Could you any one help me out with all this details.

Regards
      K.Anand Kumar

• 1. Re: jBossCache Performance
          belaban

You should read the documents, especially the part about the eviction policies.
          Performance numbers are coming, but now right now.
          Bela

P.S.: the updated documents for JBossCache 1.1 are currently only available via CVS head, but will be part of the JBossCache download, and will also be posted on jboss.org. JBossCache should be released next week.

• 2. Re: jBossCache Performance
            fisy

Hello All,
            Could you anyone get the Cvs path to download the jBossCache stuff.

Regards
            K.Anand Kumar

• 3. Re: jBossCache Performance
              belaban

1. download jboss-head from the CVS (there are docs on how to do this)
              2. go to jboss-head/cache/docs/html
              The docs are there in HTML

Bela