3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2005 6:59 AM by Manik Surtani

JBossCache-1.2.4 & Weblogic 8.1 SP4 (ClassCastException)

Raj Subramani Newbie

JBossCache-1.2.4 & Weblogic 8.1 SP4 (ClassCastException)

I have managed to insert the TreeCache object into the JNDI tree following the example given in the wiki:

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossCacheAndWebLogic

But when I try and retreive the TreeCache object in my stateless session bean

weblogic.jndi.Environment env = new weblogic.jndi.Environment();
       Context wctx = env.getInitialContext();
       Object obj = wctx.lookup(JNDIConstInterface.CACHE_BIND_NAME);
       org.jboss.cache.TreeCache c = (org.jboss.cache.TreeCache)obj;

I get the following:

java.lang.ClassCastException
      at service.staticdata.StaticDataServiceBeanImpl.setSessionContext(StaticDataServiceBeanImpl.java:277)
      at service.staticdata.StaticDataService_jti2xc_Impl.setSessionContext(StaticDataService_jti2xc_Impl.java:111)
      at weblogic.ejb20.manager.StatelessManager.createBean(StatelessManager.java:268)
      at weblogic.ejb20.pool.StatelessSessionPool.createBean(StatelessSessionPool.java:168)
      at weblogic.ejb20.pool.StatelessSessionPool.getBean(StatelessSessionPool.java:110)
      at weblogic.ejb20.manager.StatelessManager.preInvoke(StatelessManager.java:140)
      at weblogic.ejb20.internal.BaseEJBObject.preInvoke(BaseEJBObject.java:137)
      at weblogic.ejb20.internal.StatelessEJBObject.preInvoke(StatelessEJBObject.java:69)

I have examined the "obj" Object on line 3 (of the above code snippet) and Eclipse tells me that it IS A org.jboss.cache.TreeCache.

It shows up as a

Object To String: org.jboss.cache.TreeCache [0 nodes, 0 locks]

in the JNDI browser.

I am baffled.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
      -raj