Update: I have been tinkering with the code and removed the transaction that surrounds my cache updating and the exceptions have gone away (no surprise there). However, there is still a big problem. The two remaining nodes still update their own cache (with the hope that the updates will be replicated on the other remaining node).
What is now happening is that out of 5 tree cache elements (nodes) removed, only 3 of these are actually deleted from the cache. I display each cache node as it is deleted so I know how many and which ones are targeted. 5 nodes are displayed but afterwards, two of those nodes are still in the cache!
I use Pojo cache and these 5 nodes are part of the same Java Set so I cannot fathom why some of the nodes would be deleted and some would remain. I iterate through the set and look for matches to my search criteria. When I find a match, I remove the object from the Set. Please tell me how this can fail to work. Thanks.