4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2007 2:47 PM by rikr2

JBoss Cache 1.4.0.SP Notifications

rikr2

I'm using JBoss Cache in the core of my solution, the core is not public to Internet and i have others components of my solution in public Internet servers, this components are using JBoss Cache too. I need: when an element in the cache core is removed, this one will be eliminated in the local cache (Cache used by public components) . Somebody can help me!

Thanks

• 1. Re: JBoss Cache 1.4.0.SP Notifications
          genman

What it sounds like you need is cache replication.

What's the concern about public versus private?

• 2. Re: JBoss Cache 1.4.0.SP Notifications
            rikr2

Yep. It 's something like this but the local (public components) and core cache (non public) cant work in cluster (using replication) because i have different public component in different servers so i don't interested in the content of my server 1 can be replicated to core ant the core replicate it to the server 2.

On the other hand a client can request an object to public component, the public component look for it in its local cache , if the object isnt founded , the public component make a request to the core component ant this look for it in the core cache and return the result to the public component, the public component caches it in its local cache. In this case i need when the object is removed in the core this can be removed in the local.

Im trying with JBoss cache notifications, talking to MBean server and register a listener for remove node event
            I need an example of how to connect a remote MBean server using JMX or another idea of how to do this.

Thanks

• 3. Re: JBoss Cache 1.4.0.SP Notifications
              manik

Perhaps a TcpCacheLoader/TcpCacheServer?

• 4. Re: JBoss Cache 1.4.0.SP Notifications
                rikr2

I was researching about this topic and seem to solve my problem I'll try it

Thanks