2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2007 5:56 AM by dode

PojoCache ClassCastException

morisona

If this is a stupid question (ie the answer is to be found in the docs, examples, this forum, or the wiki) please tell me, and I will go back searching. Otherwise I would be very greatful if someone with experience of PojoCache anf JBoss classloading could give me their view.

I hava a PojoCache deployed on the JBoss As Server (4.0.5). I create and update objects from a Servlet. This works fine until I undeploy and deploy the Web App. I then get a ClassCastException here:

Object obj = cache.getObject("/totos/" + nick);
      Toto toto = (toast.Toto) obj;

(The object concerned is a 'Toto')

I have "UseJBossWebLoader" in the Tomcat jboss-service.xml set to true. (Otherwise the cache in the 'other' server of the cluster can not find the object).

I have traced the classloaders being used. With the following code:
      Object obj = cache.getObject("/totos/" + nick);
      System.out.println("Object retrieved from cache class is: " + obj.getClass().getName() + ", Classloader is:" + obj.getClass().getClassLoader());
      System.out.println("Context Classloader is:" + Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader());
      System.out.println("Class loader of a new class is:" + new Toto().getClass().getClassLoader());
      Toto toto = (toast.Toto) obj;

This gives:
      Object retrieved from cache class is: toast.Toto, Classloader is:org.jboss.mx.loading.UnifiedClassLoader3@9c67db{ url=null ,addedOrder=57}
      Context Classloader is:org.jboss.web.tomcat.tc5.WebCtxLoader$ENCLoader@feb215
      Class loader of a new class is:org.jboss.mx.loading.UnifiedClassLoader3@bf4472{ url=file:/C:/jboss/jboss-4.0.5.GAejb3/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp60992simple-exp.war/ ,addedOrder=58}

So the classloader used to load the object from the cache (UCL, addorder=57) is not the same as that used to create an object in this environment (UCL, addorder=58). So I can understand that I get a ClasscastException.

I have tried registering the classloader used by the servlet:
      MBeanServer server = MBeanServerLocator.locateJBoss();
      cache = (PojoCacheMBean) MBeanProxyExt.create(PojoCacheMBean.class, "jboss.cache:service=PojoCache", server);
      ClassLoader cl = new Toto().getClass().getClassLoader();
      cache.registerClassLoader("/totos", cl);

But this has had no effect.

I have also tried setting the ContextClassLoader to the ClassLoader used by the cache:
      ClassLoader cl = obj.getClass().getClassLoader();
      Thread.currentThread().setContextClassLoader(cl);

But that had no effect either.

Thank you.