3 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2007 9:40 AM by brian.stansberry

PojoCache on jboss-5.0.0.Beta2

Hi,

I'm trying to deploy a PojoCache on jboss-5.0.0.Beta2 using xml service files, I was expecting to be able to just add a file such as replSync-service into the delpoy directory, although this doesn't work.
      I've searched around and can't find how to do this.
      I'm using the jboss cache jars that are distributed with jboss-5.0.0.Beta2.

Thanks in advance

James

• 1. Re: PojoCache on jboss-5.0.0.Beta2
          brian.stansberry

The way JBC 2.0 is integrated into AS 5 is fairly different from the AS 4.x / JBC 1.x way. It's still a work in progress; in fact it's what I'm doing right now for the 2.0.0.CR2 release that should be out this week.

Couple things you can do:

1) Deploy your cache using a JBoss Microcontainer -beans.xml file. An example of that can be seen in the AS deploy/jboss-web-cluster dir. The jboss-web-cluster-beans.xml file creates an instance of PojoCacheJmxWrapper and registers it in JMX at jboss.cache:service=TomcatClusteringCache. PojoCacheJmxWrapper exposes an MBean attribute "PojoCache"; getting that attribute will get you a ref to the underlying PojoCache.

2) Wait for CR2 and upgrade the JBoss Cache version in your AS. (Can't promise there won't be issues with this; I'll find out later this week.) From that you'll be able to use an old-style -service.xml file. Key difference will be the value of the "code" attribute in your mbean will be org.jboss.cache.pojo.jmx.PojoCacheLegacyJmxWrapper.

The docs on this stuff will probably be fairly bare bones in 2.0.0.CR2; will be better in CR3 or CR4.

• 2. Re: PojoCache on jboss-5.0.0.Beta2

Thanks for your quick response. I'll do it in Java code for now then.

• 3. Re: PojoCache on jboss-5.0.0.Beta2
              brian.stansberry

Yep. I was going to post back this morning saying I forgot the 3rd option of doing it programatically. :)