0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2007 5:02 PM by sqian99

Lock leaking on PojoCache 1.4.1

sqian99

I have build an application using PojoCache 1.4.1 SP6/7 and the leaf node has a collection (HashSet) of objects. I need to frequently add/remove objects from the collection. But at high load, some removed objects only exist as _lock_: LOCK with no data attached. (See the object /2 under /transactions). Those phantom objects cannot be removed.

The Cache configuration is READ_COMMITTED for IsolationLevel and REPL_ASYNC for CacheMode and no eviction or passivation configured. Also LockParentForChildInsertRemove set to true.

When accessing the collection, threads use Iterator to remove the object and no synchronization is used when adding/removing objects from the collection. My questions are:
      1) JBossCache is thread-safe, so I do not need to use synchronization when adding/removing objects from the collection, since those collection is proxy anyway, right?
      2) Is there any way to remove those "_lock_: LOCK" entries?

Thanks

sqian99

/0
      _lock_: LOCK
      __jboss:internal:class__: class com.relayhealth.ch.rt.wscache.impl.SubmitterCacheNode
      AOPInstance: org.jboss.cache.aop.AOPInstance@d74b31
      fqn: /wsgway/INTERN/INTERN

/parent
      __jboss:internal:class__: class com.relayhealth.ch.rt.wscache.impl.BillerCacheNode
      AOPInstance: org.jboss.cache.aop.AOPInstance@89848d

/children
      __jboss:internal:class__: class java.util.HashSet
      AOPInstance: org.jboss.cache.aop.AOPInstance@5d4a62

/0
      __jboss:internal:class__: class com.relayhealth.ch.rt.wscache.impl.UserCacheNode
      AOPInstance: org.jboss.cache.aop.AOPInstance@be8e12
      fqn: /wsgway/INTERN/INTERN/rteuser

/transactions
      __jboss:internal:class__: class java.util.HashSet
      AOPInstance: org.jboss.cache.aop.AOPInstance@6159c4

/2

/parent
      __jboss:internal:class__: class com.relayhealth.ch.rt.wscache.impl.SubmitterCacheNode
      AOPInstance: org.jboss.cache.aop.AOPInstance@182eca8