2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2007 4:00 AM by appendix

<rich:modalPanel />

Hi!

I'm having a Seam application in which on one page information is filled into a JavaBean object called "personal". On submit of the page, I'd like to show a modal panel summing up the information again, but whenever I'm referencing the personal object in the modal panel all the attributes are null, despite the personal object itself is retrieved properly!

Let me exemplify:
      1) Open the edit page and fill in some information (e.g. personal.name, personal.affix,..)
      2) Open Seam debug page and look for the respective personal object: Personal@bb7f04[id=,name=abc,affix=MSc,....]
      3) Submit the form, leading to the modal panel being displayed
      4) The element #{personal} on the modal panel is rendered as Personal@bb7f04[id=,name=,affix=,....]

As one can see on the object hash ('bb7f04') the correct object is referenced, but all the attributes are 'null'!

The modal panel is defined outside the submitted form like this:

<rich:modalPanel id="savePersonal_Panel" minHeight="200" minWidth="450" height="200" width="450" zindex="2000">
       <f:facet name="header">
       <h:outputText value="#{messages['personal.savePersonal.header']}" />
       </f:facet>
       Personal: <h:outputText value="#{personal}"></h:outputText>
      </rich:modalPanel>

I'm banging my head, why the same object (reference) can exist two times, with and without set attributes!
      I've double checked Seams debug page while the modal panel is displayed and still the same object is referenced as "personal" and still all the attributes are set.

Has anyone encountered such a situation as well?
      Any pointers on what to look for?
      Any ideas?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Kurt