6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2008 12:41 PM by manik

JBC2.1.1.CR2 evenQueue Bug?

fuzzbient

JBossCache version:2.1.1.CR2 with Hibernate version:3.3.0.CR1

Under heavy load, many of the objects in my application reach the capacity threshold for JBossCache which generates the following warning and locks up the calls to select them.

eviction node event queue size is at 98% threshold value of capacity: 200000 Region: /org/somepath/MyClass/ENTITY You will need to reduce the wakeUpIntervalSeconds parameter.

I already have the wakeUpIntervalSeconds set to the minimum value of 1. I've tried increasing the eventQueueSize attribute to 500000 with the same issue except it takes a bit longer to show up. Here is my EvictionPolicyConfig.

<attribute name="EvictionPolicyConfig">
       <config>
       <attribute name="wakeUpIntervalSeconds">1</attribute>
       <attribute name="policyClass">org.jboss.cache.eviction.LRUPolicy</attribute>
       <region name="/_default_">
       <attribute name="maxNodes">50000</attribute>
       <attribute name="timeToLiveSeconds">3600</attribute>
       <attribute name="maxAgeSeconds">3600</attribute>
       <attribute name="minTimeToLiveSeconds">120</attribute>
       </region>
       <region name="/TS" policyClass="org.jboss.cache.eviction.NullEvictionPolicy"/>
       </config>
       </attribute>

If I roll back to JBossCache 1.4.1.x, the problem goes away. Do you think this would be a problem with JBossCache or is it the integration between Hibernate and JBossCache. It's almost like the eviction thread does not ever run or it blocks and gets hung. Anyone else having this issue or know of a resolution?