I think the ms access example also uses jdbc-odbc, you could try starting with that. My understanding is that due to limitations of the jdbc-odbc driver this is not going to be very usable in a multi-user environment, but I've never tried it.
Can you tell me where i can get the example of msaccess.
I am trying to connect to an MS Access DB using JDBC-ODBC bridge. I downloaded the msaccess-service.xml and msaccess-ds.xml files from the CVS. Modified the DS and JNDI name in the the files and placed both of them into the default/deploy folder. It deploys the service file allright, but for the ds file, i get the message saying "Waiting for appropriate deployer". Anyway, none of the other samples seem to have the DS file. Can anyone explain to me what do I do with this file. Moreover, when I try to get the DataSource, I get a NameNotFound exception.
Has anyone successfully connected to MS Access DB, please respond.
You need to be very careful to match the cvs version of the sample file with the version of jboss you are using. I don't know a good way to automate this.
The -ds.xml files ONLY work with cvs HEAD (3.1) as of 7/23/2002, and the cvs HEAD (3.1) versions are incompatible with Branch_3_0 (3.0.1).
The msaccess-service.xml file, like all the other examples, was submitted by someone who claimed to have gotten it working. I see no reason to doubt this. With the exception of hsqldb-ds.xml, all the -ds.xml files are untested, I wrote them based on the -service.xml files.
I have one more problem.
For now I'm not using Datasource. I'm directly using jdbc code in my EJB.
I get the following errors when i connect,
a) Unsupported Result set type
b)When the connection is being finalised i get an EXCEPTION ACCESS VIOLATION error and jBoss crashes.
I tried it with standalone java program using jdk1.3 i get the same crash (Dr Waatson error)
The documentation of my ODBC driver says it is compliant with ODBC 2 and also ODBC 3.
The same code works well with jdk1.2.2.
How do i rectify this?
I'm pasting the actual exception trace
a) First this error occurs in my bean
java.sql.SQLException: The result set type is not supported.
b) After some time, (when gc is collecting the connection)i get
An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION occurred at PC=0xb3e4b20
NOTE: We are unable to locate the function name symbol for the error
just occurred. Please refer to release documentation for possible
reason and solutions.
Current Java thread:
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.freeStmt(Native Method)
at java.lang.ref.Finalizer.invokeFinalizeMethod(Native Method)
I'd say contact your db/driver vendor for these problems, they appear to have nothing to do with jboss. I suspect some java code needs to be recompiled on a post-1.2.2 jvm. For instance, the Interbase Interclient driver as supplied from Borland did not work on jdk 1.3 unless recompiled from source.