1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 1, 2002 9:12 AM by davidjencks

Configure Datasource for Oracle9i

geeta

I have been evaulating the Jboss3.0 from the last couple of months and am not able to configure the DataSource for the Oracle9i.I am following the following procedure
      1)I created Jboss/server/default/deploy/oracle-service.xml which carries the required info
      2)I also modified the Jboss/server/default/conf/standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml...
      That is it...
      Then I placed the classes12.jar of the Oracle9i in the following two locations
      1)In the ext of jdk1.3,Here the ExtensionClassLoader will load this...
      2)In the jboss/lib where I believe the Application ClassLoader or some CustomClassLoader will be loading this...
      I have tried both the options and the one by one still i failed,please help me as it is very urgent.........
      RESULTS FOR CASE 1:(classes12.jar in ext of jdk)
      #########################################################
      In http://localhost:8082/
      under jboss.jca
      1)the Oracle DataSources does not exists
      2)RarDeployed service appears
      I can access the other jndi names but not the OracleDS ie for Oracle9i......
      RESULTS FOR CASE 2:
      In http://localhost:8082/
      under jboss.jca
      1)the Oracle DataSources does exists now
      2)RarDeployed service disappears
      I can access the other jndi names but not the OracleDS ie for Oracle9i......

I also have deployed the test.war which contains the simple test.jsp to check the jndi names bound...
      <%@ page import="javax.naming.*" %>
      <%
      String sname=request.getParameter("jndiname");
      Object obj=sname.lookup(sname);
      out.println("Result from Context "+obj+"");
      %>
      I will attach the two files which I have modified....
      Please help me out
      regards geeta

• 1. Re: Configure Datasource for Oracle9i
          davidjencks

I recommend that you never under any circumstances put anything in the jre ext dir.

Jars in jboss/lib are only those required for jboss boot and are only loaded if explicitly specified, either hardcoded in jboss or specified on the command line.

Jars for your app should go in server/[configuration name]/lib if you never need to change them or server/[configuration name]/deploy if you need to be able to hot-redeploy them and can manage the dependency issues. Unless you do something special starting jboss, [configuration name] == default

Also be very sure you have an oracle-service.xml appropriate for your jboss version. There have been quite a few small changes that don't work on other versions.