1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 3, 2002 3:23 AM by gschreiter

3.0.4 no db2jdbc in java.library.path with DB2

oggie

I've been trying to get DB2 V8.1 to work with JBoss 3.0.4 with tomcat on redhat 8.

Using the attached db2-services.xml file, I Get the error:
      nested throwable: (org.jboss.resource.ResourceException: Failed to register driver for: COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver; - nested throwable: (java.sql.SQLException: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no db2jdbc in java.library.path)

I have the given db2 jar and zip files added to the JBOSS_CLASSPATH in run.sh.

I put the db2-services.xml file in the server/default/deploy directory and start JBoss as root by running run.sh -c default.

I'm trying to use the XA data source, but I'll use it or local, which ever gets this to work.

I also added the following to the login-config.xml file:
      <application-policy name = "DB2DbRealm">

<login-module code = "org.jboss.resource.security.ConfiguredIdentityLoginModule" flag = "required">
      <module-option name = "principal">prod40</module-option>
      <module-option name = "userName">prod40</module-option>
      <module-option name = "password">prod40</module-option>
      <module-option name = "managedConnectionFactoryName">jboss.jca:service=XaTxCM,name=RpsCoreDS</module-option>
      </login-module>

</application-policy>

• 1. Re: 3.0.4 no db2jdbc in java.library.path with DB2
          gschreiter

Looks like you need to set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Try to set it to: <db2_instance_home_dir>/sqllib/java12:<db2_instance_home_dir>/sqllib/lib. You can set it to <DB2_install_dir>/java12:<DB2_install_dir>/lib as well, since the above are links to it, anyway.

Hope it helps.
          Gerd