6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2003 6:07 PM by davidjencks

2.2 -- > 2.4 XAConnectionImpl No Current TX

corywilkerson

All,

After porting from 2.2 to 2.4 and making all the requisite DataSource config changes (ditching minerva), I run into the following for every DataSource config (and repeatedly to System.out)

[WARN,XAConnectionFactory] XAConnectionImpl: org.jboss.pool.jdbc.xa.wrapper.XACo
      nnectionImpl@2bcd4b has no current tx!

Anyone seen this?

• 1. Re: 2.2 -- > 2.4 XAConnectionImpl No Current TX
          davidjencks

This happens when you close a connection handle outside a transaction. In 2.4, I don't recommend using connections outside transactions: most such usages won't work the way you might expect. if you want autocommit behavior (and no transactions) use a JDBCDataSourceLoader.

• 2. Re: 2.2 -- > 2.4 XAConnectionImpl No Current TX
            corywilkerson

I'd first like to say thank you for responding to my post (as well as to the whole datasource forum) .

Re: my issue:
            -------------
            [WARN,XAConnectionFactory] XAConnectionImpl: org.jboss.pool.jdbc.xa.wrapper.XAConnectionImpl@2bcd4b has no current tx!

You had informed me that this will happen when I close a connection outside of a transactional context.

Most of our connections are currently used in non-transactional contexts to perform simple SELECT queries that didn't need the overhead of a transaction, unfortunately, connections from the same pools are also used in transactional contexts -- so, I'd basically have to scrub my whole codebase to split the transactional and non-transactional usages into different pools.

Additionally, our current db pools (all configured as instance of org.jboss.pool.jdbc.xa.wrapper.XADataSourceImpl) all have the autocommit flag set to true -- is this a dangerous standard?

• 3. Re: 2.2 -- > 2.4 XAConnectionImpl No Current TX
              corywilkerson

Also, I wne the JDBCDataSourceLoader route, and within a few minutes, I was running into:

java.lang.RuntimeException: No ManagedConnections Available!
              at org.jboss.pool.ObjectPool.getObject(ObjectPool.java:696)
              at org.jboss.pool.ObjectPool.getObject(ObjectPool.java:626)
              at org.jboss.pool.jdbc.JDBCPoolDataSource.getConnection(JDBCPool

• 4. Re: 2.2 -- > 2.4 XAConnectionImpl No Current TX
                corywilkerson

Also, I when I went the JDBCDataSourceLoader route, and within a few minutes, I was running into:

java.lang.RuntimeException: No ManagedConnections Available!
                at org.jboss.pool.ObjectPool.getObject(ObjectPool.java:696)
                at org.jboss.pool.ObjectPool.getObject(ObjectPool.java:626)
                at org.jboss.pool.jdbc.JDBCPoolDataSource.getConnection(JDBCPool

• 5. Re: 2.2 -- > 2.4 XAConnectionImpl No Current TX
                  corywilkerson

When I go the JDBCDataSourceLoader route, I wind up with pages full of:

[INFO,STDERR] java.lang.RuntimeException: No ManagedConnections Available!
                  [INFO,STDERR] at org.jboss.pool.ObjectPool.getObject(ObjectPool.java:696)
                  [INFO,STDERR] at org.jboss.pool.ObjectPool.getObject(ObjectPool.java:626)
                  [INFO,STDERR] at org.jboss.pool.jdbc.JDBCPoolDataSource.getConnection(JDBCPool

This only seems to occur after a few minutes -- connections aren't being closed (though they are by my application). Any ideas?
                  Cory

• 6. Re: 2.2 -- > 2.4 XAConnectionImpl No Current TX
                    davidjencks

Oops. you need the cvs version of 2.4 I'm afraid for JDBCDataSourceLoader to work. There's still a bug causing this in 2.4.10. I suspect a 2.4 release will happen soon.