1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 12, 2003 10:18 AM by danhanley

jboss-3.2.0RC1 & mysql.4.0.12 Gangsters

danhanley

Hi
      I've managed to get JBoss talking to mySQL and am trying to run the Gangsters Template.

However I'm hitting a problem when jBoss tries to create the tables for the template (other tables like jms_transactions are created ok).

What I see is:
      12:29:04,792 INFO [EntityContainer] Starting
      12:29:04,808 INFO [EntityContainer] Started
      12:29:04,808 INFO [EntityContainer] Starting
      12:29:04,854 ERROR [EntityContainer] Starting failed
      org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error while creating table; - nested throwable: (java.sql.SQLException: Syntax error or access violation, message from server: "You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'desc VARCHAR(250) BINARY NOT NULL, the_boss INTEGER, CONSTRAINT")
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCStartCommand.createTable(JDBCStartCommand.java:177)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCStartCommand.execute(JDBCStartCommand.java:86)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCStoreManager.startStoreManager(JDBCStoreManager.java:505)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCStoreManager.start(JDBCStoreManager.java:416)

Which implies that the CREATE TABLE SQL is not correctly formed for this version of mySQL.

What I havn't been able to figure out is where this syntax is defined.
      JDBCStartCommand.java which causes mySQl to break does not appear to have any mySQL specific information, whereas JDBCMySQLCreateCommand.java is mySQL specific but just seems to do INSERT

So my question is do I need to write an equivalent:
      JDBCMySQLStartCommand or am i going in the wrong direction?

Thanks in advance

Dan