2 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2003 5:43 AM by niox

MySQL URL Parameter Problem

sczadzeck

I believe I'm following the proper syntax to specify additional parameters for the JDBC driver but I keep getting the following when JBoss 3.2.1 starts:

14:06:17,140 ERROR [STDERR] [Fatal Error] mysql-ds.xml:20:91: The reference to e
      ntity "socketTimeout" must end with the ';' delimiter.
      14:06:17,156 WARN [NestedThrowable] Duplicate throwable nesting of same base ty
      pe: class org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException is assignable from: class org
      .jboss.deployment.DeploymentException
      14:06:17,171 ERROR [URLDeploymentScanner] Failed to deploy: org.jboss.deployment
      .scanner.URLDeploymentScanner$DeployedURL@869c7160{ url=file:/C:/jboss-3.2.1/ser
      ver/default/deploy/mysql-ds.xml, deployedLastModified=0 }
      org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: exception in init of file:/C:/jboss-3.
      2.1/server/default/deploy/mysql-ds.xml; - nested throwable: (org.jboss.deploymen
      t.DeploymentException: Could not parse dd; - nested throwable: (org.xml.sax.SAXP
      arseException: The reference to entity "socketTimeout" must end with the ';' del
      imiter.))

Here's my mysql-ds.xml configuration:

<local-tx-datasource>
      <jndi-name>MySqlDS</jndi-name>
      <connection-url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/nemesis?connectTimeout=5000&socketTimeout=5000</connection-url>
      <driver-class>org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</driver-class>
      <user-name>root</user-name>

</local-tx-datasource>

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Scott