3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2003 2:10 PM by Chris Loftus

On CachedConnectionManager

linatasprecise Newbie

When run my application, JBoss CachedConnectionManager seems to close the connection automatically. It is NOT what is expected. The following msg is displayed from JBoss:

19:41:33,419 INFO [CachedConnectionManager] Successfully closed a connection for you. Please close them yourself: org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrappedConnection@5fe9c3

Under what occasions, JBoss will close the connection automatically ? And is it possible to configure JBoss to disable the feature of closing connection automatically ? Thanks!

• 1. Re: On CachedConnectionManager
          jforaci Newbie

Hi, I was told that changing the attribute from 'false' to 'true' (in META-INF/jboss-service.xml in .../deploy/jboss-jca.sar) fixes this problem. Has worked so far for me.

• 2. Re: On CachedConnectionManager
            Chris Loftus Newbie

Hi,

Yes I also wanted to keep connections open between calls to my stateful session bean. I wanted to cache the ResultSet object. So was surprised that the CachedConnectionManager closed the connection on method return. I even tried bean-managed transactions to keep the transaction open across several method calls. This didn't help.

I tried your suggestion in the jboss-jca.sar's jboss-service.xml file:

<!-- ==================================================================== -->
            <!-- JBossCX setup, for J2EE connector architecture support -->
            <!-- The RARDeployer is needed only until xslt based deployment is written.-->
            <!-- ==================================================================== -->

-ds.xml
            stylesheets/ConnectionFactoryTemplate.xsl
            true

but this generated errors (attribute not found) when I started JBOSS. I'm using JBOSS V 3.2.1. Should I put a different MBean in there?

If I can't solve this I will have to do the query on every method call :-(

Hope someone can help

Chris

• 3. Re: On CachedConnectionManager
              Chris Loftus Newbie

Argh. I put the attribute in the wrong file. For version 3.2.1 of JBOSS you need to set the "SpecCompliant" attribute to false for the CachedConnectionManager mbean entry in the file deploy/transaction-service.xml and not the jboss-service.xml file as stated earlier.

Chris