3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2003 6:48 AM by rock

jboss 3.0.3 and oracle 9i

rock

I want to configure jboss 3.0.3 with oracle 9i database. I have gone through the lots of posts on the forum but could't find any step by step example.
      Can any body point me to right direction.

Regards

• 1. Re: jboss 3.0.3 and oracle 9i
          imdkidd

I assume you would be fine using the Oracle Thin Driver because these are the instructions I'll be giving to you.

1)Copy oracle-service.xml from <JBOSS-HOME>\docs\examples\jca and place it in <JBOSS-HOME>\server\default\deploy

2) Edit the following parameters in the above XML file:

a)

<config-property name="ConnectionURL" type="java.lang.String">jdbc:oracle:thin:@serverdnsname:1521:dbinstancename</config-property>

Replace serverdnsname with you Oracle database server name. Replace dbinstancename with your Oracle SID.

b)<config-property name="UserName" type="java.lang.String">scott</config-property>
          <config-property name="Password" type="java.lang.String">tiger</config-property>

Uncomment out these lines and add in the username and password if you want to use defaults.

3) Save the file. You should be ready to roll.

• 2. Re: jboss 3.0.3 and oracle 9i
            imdkidd

Oh, one other thing. Copy the classes12.zip file from your Oracle jdbc directory and put it in the <JBOSS-HOME>/server/default/lib directory. This is the Oracle JDBC Driver.

• 3. Re: jboss 3.0.3 and oracle 9i
              rock

Thanks very much for your help, really appreciated.