2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2003 12:41 AM by frito

how to bound database pool before deploying a .sar

neerajvyas

I have my application deployed in myapp.sar as a service. Application has startup classes that require database connection to mysql. I have defined mysql-ds.xml in deploy folder.
      Problem is that when I start the server it first tries to deploy myapp.sar before bindng dabase defined in mysql-ds.xml and throws lots of exception also no EJB (entity beans) gets deploys. If I retouch jboss-service.xml then everything works fine.
      Is there any way to set the sequence of deployment so that database pool 1st get bound and then myapp.sar gets deployed ?

• 1. Re: how to bound database pool before deploying a .sar
          neerajvyas

Is there any way by which we can specify the sequence of deployment ? Like if I am deploying two aplications in same JBOSS in which one depends on others successful deployment, how can I acieve this in Jboss 3.2.1 ?

• 2. Re: how to bound database pool before deploying a .sar
            frito

Look into the jboss-service.xml in your /server//conf directory. The UrlDeploymentScanner can be configured with an UrlComparator, and there is an implementation for a PrefixDeploymentSorter. Read the comment.

Another possibility is to tell the MBean its dependecies. If I remember right, the PersistenceManager for JBossMQ ist waiting for a datasource. Look into the jbossmq-service.xml for more.

Greetings,
            Frito