4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2003 7:14 PM by jonlee

where is the jboss.jcml file?

juliagulia

I can't seem to find it. I think it used to be under the conf directory.

I downloaded the jboss3.0...with tomcat...

I'd really appreciate if someone can direct me to the file or the equivalent substitue file (if any).

All i need is to load the mysql driver.

• 1. Re: where is the jboss.jcml file?

It is no longer used in any 3.x series. The equivalent static configuration is under server/<configuration-name>/config/jboss-service.xml. In addition, individual services may configure themselves under deploy directory either in a file <service-name>-service.xml or inside a SAR archive under META-INF/jboss-service.xml.

HTH

-- Juha

• 2. Re: where is the jboss.jcml file?

And the example datasource configurations can be found under docs/jca/examples directory. You need to drop the mysql-service.xml into your deploy directory.

-- Juha

• 3. Re: where is the jboss.jcml file?
              juliagulia

Thanks for your advice Juha.

1) I did drop the mysql-service (from the examples) into the deploy directory.
              2) I added this to the jboss-service.xml:

org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              But i got an error on starting up the server: ...
              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: DefaultDomain:service=JdbcProvider is not registered.; - nested throwable: (javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: DefaultDomain:service=JdbcProvider is not registered.)
              at org.jboss.deployment.SARDeployer.create(SARDeployer.java:208)
              at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.create(MainDeployer.java:766)
              at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:626)
              at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:591)
              at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:575)
              at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
              at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
              at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
              at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
              at org.jboss.mx.capability.ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.java:284)
              at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:517)
              at org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.doStart(ServerImpl.java:325)
              at org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.start(ServerImpl.java:222)
              at org.jboss.Main.boot(Main.java:148)
              at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:381)
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
              Caused by: javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: DefaultDomain:service=JdbcProvider is not registered.
              at org.jboss.mx.server.registry.BasicMBeanRegistry.get(BasicMBeanRegistry.java:362)
              at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.getMBeanInfo(MBeanServerImpl.java:528)
              at org.jboss.system.ServiceController.getServiceProxy(ServiceController.java:763)
              at org.jboss.system.ServiceController.create(ServiceController.java:290)
              at org.jboss.system.ServiceController.create(ServiceController.java:253)
              at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)
              at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
              at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
              at org.jboss.mx.capability.ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.java:284)
              at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:517)
              at org.jboss.util.jmx.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:174)
              at $Proxy2.create(Unknown Source)
              at org.jboss.deployment.SARDeployer.create(SARDeployer.java:197)
              ... 15 more

• 4. Re: where is the jboss.jcml file?
                jonlee

You don't need that in the jboss-service.xml file - that service is from 2.4.x. If you look at the mysql-service.xml file you will see that you specify the driver class in the ManagedConnectionFactoryProperties section.

It's changed a lot since 2.4.x. It is also a bit more confusing in some respects. I like JBoss 3.2.x as it is simpler than both for simple datasources like this.