1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 3, 2003 11:01 PM by j8055

Transactionisolation level and oracle

jocsch

Hi,
      I'm a little bit confused about the setting of isolation levels with oracle and the normal (not XA) db driver in jboss 3.0.7.

I have here some BMP Beans which should have container managed transactions.
      How can I change the isolation level from READ_COMMITED to SERIALIZABLE? It's not possible to do it in the descriptor files, it's as far as I know not possible to set it in the datasource.xml and oracle database only allows switching the isolation level on a session level.

So I only see the possibility to use bean managed transactions for changing the isolation level. Is this right? Is it really not possible to change the isolation level of CMT?

Thanks,
      Markus

• 1. Re: Transactionisolation level and oracle
          j8055

This was how it was done with MSSQL - shouldn't be too disimilar with Oracle (I think).

Add this line to the oracle-service.xml (I think that's the file name - I'm using Jboss v3.2.1 now and it's all changed):
          <config-property name="TransactionIsolation" type="java.lang.String">TRANSACTION_SERIALIZABLE</config-property>

Options:
          TRANSACTION_SERIALIZABLE,
          TRANSACTION_REPEATABLE_READ,
          TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED,
          TRANSACTION_READ_UNCOMMITTED,
          TRANSACTION_NONE

Hope this is of some help.