0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2003 3:34 AM by eranhovav

make a connection to postgreSQL

eranhovav

Hi,

I'll appreciate any help or advice.
      I'm trying to make a connection between jboss 3.2.1-tomcat 4.1.24 and postreSQL 7.3.4.
      My postgreSQL works fine (I can read & write to the DB from a java class), but when I try to communicate the DB from my jboss i get the following message:
      11:43:19,552 ERROR [PersistenceManager] Starting failed
      org.jboss.mq.SpyJMSException: Could not resolve uncommited transactions. Message recovery may not b
      e accurate; - nested throwable: (java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: Relation "jms_messages" does not exi
      st
      )
      at org.jboss.mq.pm.jdbc2.PersistenceManager.resolveAllUncommitedTXs(PersistenceManager.java:
      276)
      at org.jboss.mq.pm.jdbc2.PersistenceManager.startService(PersistenceManager.java:1299)
      at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.start(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:192)
      at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor40.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
      at org.jboss.mx.capability.ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.java:284
      )

I tried to change in jbossmq-service.xml:
      DELETE_MARKED_MESSAGES_WITH_TX = DELETE FROM JMS_MESSAGES WHERE TXID IN (SELECT TXID FROM JMS_TRANSACTIONS) AND TXOP=?
      to:
      DELETE_MARKED_MESSAGES_WITH_TX = DELETE FROM JMS_MESSAGES WHERE TXID IS NOT NULL AND TXOP=?
      like I saw in a few posts in this forum.

I did of course all the changes in :
      - postgres-ds.xml
      - standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml
      - standardjaws.xml

If the problem is that the jboss is trying to create a table in Hypersonic DB, what can I do to prevent that?
      If this isn't the problem, than what is it?

thank you in advanced,
      ERAN.