3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2003 12:42 PM by gerardg

Empty JBoss not connecting to mySQL

gerardg

Hello,
      I am having a problem with an empty (nothing to deploy but JBoss itself) connecting to mySQL The Warning/Exception I get follows. mySQL log shows NO attempt at access. Does anyone have an idea what causes this?
      Thanks in advance.
      Gerard

2003-11-07 10:57:40,356 INFO [org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.TxConnectionManager] Started jboss.jca:service=LocalTxCM,name=DefaultDS
      2003-11-07 10:57:40,896 WARN [org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.JBossManagedConnectionPool] Throwable while attempting to get a new connection:
      org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (java.sql.SQLException: Server configuration denies access to data source)
      at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.local.LocalManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnection(LocalManagedConnectionFactory.java:160)
      at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool.createConnectionEventListener(InternalManagedConnectionPool.java:451)
      at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool.getConnection(InternalManagedConnectionPool.java:212)
      at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.JBossManagedConnectionPool$BasePool.getConnection(JBossManagedConnectionPool.java:496)
      at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.getManagedConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:425)
      at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.TxConnectionManager.getManagedConnection(TxConnectionManager.java:318)
      at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.allocateConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:477)

• 1. Re: Empty JBoss not connecting to mySQL

Can you connect with a simple Java client, using exactly the same connection information?

Luke.

• 2. Re: Empty JBoss not connecting to mySQL
            gerardg

Good suggestion. No, I cannot and I receive the following:

Exception in thread "main" java.sql.SQLException: Server configuration denies access to data source
            at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.doHandshake(MysqlIO.java:399)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.createNewIO(Connection.java:1562)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.(Connection.java:491)

What are the possible explanations? Where should I look? Any help is greatly appreciated.

gerard

• 3. Re: Empty JBoss not connecting to mySQL
              gerardg

I've figured out that it is the mySQL grant tables, though I don't understand why, but at least I know what to fix now.

I placed a skip-grant-tables in the config for mySQL , restarted and I can get access to the DB.

Thanks to all for your help.

gerard