1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 28, 2004 1:09 PM by ericchang591

Multiple Datasources Configuration Help Needed

ericchang591

"ericchang591" wrote:
      Hi, I'm attempting to configure JBoss 3.2.3 to recognize 3 databases...the packaged Hypersonic one and 2 Ingres databases. I currently have the default hsdqldb-ds.xml, as well as separate -ds.xml files for each Ingres database in the server/default/deploy directory.
      I have managed to start JBoss with no errors, however, it seems as if the application can only access the DefaultDS, which is the Hypersonic database. For example, one of the Ingres databases is used to hold User information, and if I change the JNDI name for it to DefaultDS, I can access that database, but none of the other 3. And the Hypersonic one handles session information, so if that is DefaultDS, I can generate a sessionId with no problem, but then I can't login! I have looked around, and have seen mention of adding things to the standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml file as well as adding things to the login-config.xml file.
      If someone could please point me in the right direction in what I need to do so that the application will be able to "see" all three databases. Note that this is something being ported from JBoss 2.4.3 so pretty much everything is already in place and working, just the configuration of JBoss 3.2.3 needs to be done.
      Here is an example of what I have in the Ingres -ds.xml files (skipped the hsqldb-ds.xml one since I have no changed it in any way from the default configuration it came with the distribution...both Ingres files are very similar except for the jndi-name):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<datasources>
      <local-tx-datasource>
      <jndi-name>UserDB</jndi-name>
      <connection-url>jdbc:edbc://DATABASEINFO</connection-url>
      <user-name>USER</user-name>
      <password>PASSWORD</password>
      <driver-class>ca.edbc.jdbc.EdbcDriver</driver-class>
      <min-pool-size>0</min-pool-size>
      <max-pool-size>20</max-pool-size>
      <idle-timeout-minutes>1200000</idle-timeout-minutes>
      </local-tx-datasource>