5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2003 6:24 PM by Ulrich Romahn

EJB Not Bound Error

Nick Cresswell Newbie

Hi,

Having successfully compiled the test template in the getting started example, I've come rather unstuck running the Client. Seems there is a problem looking up the TestSession EJB, as the error claims that it is not bound.

I've pasted the command line output that I get. Not a lot to go on, but at this stage I have numerous avenues down which to go, but wonder if anyone's had this problem and can point me in the right directions.

Thanks, NICK

/opt/blackdown/j2sdk1.3.1/jre/bin/java -classpath ../client/client-test.jar:/usr/local/jboss/jboss-3.0.0/client/log4j.jar:/usr/local/jboss/jboss-3.0.0/client/jsse.jar:/usr/local/jboss/jboss-3.0.0/client/jnp-client.jar:/usr/local/jboss/jboss-3.0.0/client/jnet.jar:/usr/local/jboss/jboss-3.0.0/client/jmx-rmi-connector-client.jar:/usr/local/jboss/jboss-3.0.0/client/jmx-ejb-connector-client.jar:/usr/local/jboss/jboss-3.0.0/client/jmx-connector-client-factory.jar:/usr/local/jboss/jboss-3.0.0/client/jcert.jar:/usr/local/jboss/jboss-3.0.0/client/jboss-system-client.jar:/usr/local/jboss/jboss-3.0.0/client/jbosssx-client.jar:/usr/local/jboss/jboss-3.0.0/client/jboss-net-client.jar:/usr/local/jboss/jboss-3.0.0/client/jbossmqha.jar:/usr/local/jboss/jboss-3.0.0/client/jbossmq-client.jar:/usr/local/jboss/jboss-3.0.0/client/jboss-jsr77.jar:/usr/local/jboss/jboss-3.0.0/client/jboss-j2ee.jar:/usr/local/jboss/jboss-3.0.0/client/jboss-iiop-client.jar:/usr/local/jboss/jboss-3.0.0/client/jbossha-client.jar:/usr/local/jboss/jboss-3.0.0/client/jboss-common-client.jar:/usr/local/jboss/jboss-3.0.0/client/jboss-client.jar:/usr/local/jboss/jboss-3.0.0/client/jacorb.jar:/usr/local/jboss/jboss-3.0.0/client/jaas.jar:/usr/local/jboss/jboss-3.0.0/client/gnu-regexp.jar:/usr/local/jboss/jboss-3.0.0/client/concurrent.jar:. test.client.TestClient
      javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: TestSession not bound
      at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteCall.java:245)
      at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:220)
      at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:122)
      at org.jnp.server.NamingServer_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
      at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:445)
      at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:429)
      at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:350)
      at test.client.TestClient.main(TestClient.java:21)

• 1. Re: EJB Not Bound Error
          koltar Newbie

I'm having the same problem and have tried all sorts of things to get this work, let me know if you get a solution.

thanks

• 2. Re: EJB Not Bound Error
            Andreas Schaefer Apprentice

Hi

Check your "jndi.properties" file settings if it points to the correct server.
            If this still does not help, open the jmx-console (http://<server name>:8080/jmx-console) and open the JNDIViewer to see if and with what name the TestSession is bound in the JNDI server.

Have fun - Andy

• 3. Re: EJB Not Bound Error
              Rob Rogers Newbie

I am having similar problems to those you responded to. I've checkd my "jndi.properties" file and it points to localhost. Within the jmx-console, I don't see a JNDIViewer. I do see a "service=JNIDView". When I look at that it provides me with no pertinent information. Any other ideas?

C:\jdk1.3.1\jre\bin\java.exe -classpath ".;C:\tools\jboss-3.0.4\client\concurrent.jar;C:\tools\jboss-3.0.4\client\gnu-regexp.jar;C:\tools\jboss-3.0.4\client\jaas.jar;C:\tools\jboss-3.0.4\client\jacorb.jar;C:\tools\jboss-3.0.4\client\jboss-client.jar;C:\tools\jboss-3.0.4\client\jboss-common-client.jar;C:\tools\jboss-3.0.4\client\jboss-iiop-client.jar;C:\tools\jboss-3.0.4\client\jboss-j2ee.jar;C:\tools\jboss-3.0.4\client\jboss-jsr77.jar;C:\tools\jboss-3.0.4\client\jboss-net-client.jar;C:\tools\jboss-3.0.4\client\jboss-system-client.jar;C:\tools\jboss-3.0.4\client\jbossall-client.jar;C:\tools\jboss-3.0.4\client\jbossha-client.jar;C:\tools\jboss-3.0.4\client\jbossjmx-ant.jar;C:\tools\jboss-3.0.4\client\jbossmq-clie
              nt.jar;C:\tools\jboss-3.0.4\client\jbossmqha.jar;C:\tools\jboss-3.0.4\client\jbosssx-client.jar;C:\tools\jboss-3.0.4\client\jcert.jar;C:\tools\jboss-3.0.4\client\jmx-connector-client-factory.jar;C:\tools\jboss-3.0.4\client\jmx-ejb-connector-client.jar;C:\tools\jboss-3.0.4\client\jmx-rmi-connector-client.jar;C:\tools\jboss-3.0.4\client\jnet.jar;C:\tools\jboss-3.0.4\client\jnp-client.jar;C:\tools\jboss-3.0.4\client\jsse.jar;C:\tools\jboss-3.0.4\client\log4j.jar;..\client\client-test.jar" test.client.TestClient
              javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: test not bound
              at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteCall.java:245)
              at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:220)
              at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:122)
              at org.jnp.server.NamingServer_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
              at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:464)
              at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:443)
              at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:350)
              at test.client.TestClient.main(TestClient.java:21)

• 4. Re: EJB Not Bound Error
                Ulrich Romahn Newbie

Hi!

I got the same error!

The main issue is that the EJBs from the template project never got really deployed.

I am using 3.2.0RC1 and when I build the template project, my JBoss console throws an exception during the deploy.
                I don't exactly know what's wrong, but I am working on it.
                I'll keep you posted in case I would find out.

-Uli

• 5. Re: EJB Not Bound Error
                  Ulrich Romahn Newbie

I doesn't seem to have any luck so far.

I noticed that some users with JBoss 3.0.4 were successfully deploying the sample. But on a screen shot, I saw the same issue, but JBoss only gave a "warning" instead of an error.

I will keep trying....