0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2005 11:35 AM by anders.hedstrom

Errata - JBoss 4.0 - The Official Guide?

anders.hedstrom

Hi,

is there any errata to JBoss 4.0 - The Official Guide. I'm reading it right now and I get confused when reding it because there is some "typos".

To take some examples: (I'm using the JBoss 4.0.2 distribution and all its classes when testing the code examples)

Ch2 page 112:
      import org.jboss.mx.interceptor.Invocation - there is no such class, I guess it should be org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation src: http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/javadoc/4.0.2/

import org.jboss.mx.interceptor.InvocationException - there is no such class, I guess it should be org.jboss.invocation.InvocationException, but then the complete implemantation of the public Object invoke(Invocation) method is wrong, so the InvocationException is not needed. src: ServerSecurityInterceptor from jboss4guide.zip examples

Ch8 page 332:
      Figure 8.4 should show the method-permission element, but shows the method element, the same as Figure 8.5

Ch8 page 348:
      Listing 8.8 should show the EchoSecurityProxy implementation but shows the same code snippet as on page 341

So, is there any errata to this book?

Cheers

//Anders =)