When trying to figure out what was going on I did the following on the small examples in the tutorial. I realise that this will probably be totally unpractical on a real project due to the number of classes. Anyhow, here it goes:
1) Compile classes
2) Precompile classes
3) Decompile classes, and save over original sourcefiles (you might need to fiddle a bit to make them compile)
4) Compile source files created in 3)
5) Run (the classes are AOP'ed)
Probably not very useful for what you want, but the only way I have found...
PS in 2) I mean run the aop compiler
I think I know what the problem is. I don't think Javasssist's copy method copy's CodeAttributes which have the line numbers. I'll see what I can do.
Ok, this is fixed in HEAD and will be in RC2 release on Friday.