1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 31, 2004 10:38 PM by Bill Burke

Missing jboss-service.xml?

Murray Todd Williams Newbie

I'm installing the AOP Final 1.0.0 (the Java 1.5 library) under JBoss 4.0.0 in order to try out the new EJB 3.0 preview stuff. Following the instructions, I came to a bit of a glitch when JBoss complained about a missing META-INF/jboss-service.xml file in the jboss-aop-jdk50.deployer service.

I notice that the non-Java-1.5 library (jboss-aop.deployer) DOES have a jboss-service.xml file, so I just copied that over to jboss-aop-jdk50.deployer directory. I haven't yet gotten far enough to try out any EJB 3.0 examples to see if they work or not. I can now start JBoss 4.0.0 without seeing any error messages. (On the other hand, I don't see any INFO-level logs suggesting that either the AOP service or the EJB 3.0 service have started up at all.)

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone might tell me if the jboss-service.xml file had been omitted from the META-INF directory for a reason (in which case I did something wrong trying to get JBoss 4.0.0 up) or if it had simply been an oversight.

Anyone?

Murray Todd Williams