3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2005 8:30 AM by javajedi

Undeploying aop is realllly slow

I'm using JBoss-AOP 1.1.1 with JDK 1.5. I've got an ear file that contains a .aop file, which is using Annotated aspects, and I'm using compile-time instrumentation (EnableTransformer set to "false" in jboss-service.xml.)

Deploying my ear takes about 3 seconds. Starting JBoss takes about 40 seconds. However, redeploying my ear takes about 90 seconds. My CPU is pegged the whole time. I turned on DEBUG for org.jboss, and the last line I get before the 90 second wait is:

DEBUG [org.jboss.aop.deployment.AspectDeployer] undeploying document file:/usr/local/jboss-4.0.1/server/hms/tmp/deploy/tmp19019scorpio-1.0.ear-contents/scorpio-aop-SNAPSHOT.aop

Then the 90 second pause, then this line:

DEBUG [org.jboss.management.j2ee.LocalJBossServerDomain] handleNotification: javax.management.Notification[source=jboss.aop:service=AspectDeployer][type=AOP Undeploy][message=]

then everything proceeds as normal. So there seems to be something in the AOP code that is causing this 90 second delay when undeploying. It's actually twice as fast for me to just kill the process and restart JBoss because this is so slow. Any idea what is going on here? Anything else I can try before I start digging into the AOP source?