0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2005 6:24 PM by javajedi

Aspects getting ignored

JBoss 4.0.1, JBossAOP 1.3.0
      I'm having trouble deploying my app on 1 particular box. It's configured the same as all of the other boxes as far as I can tell, but there's got to be something wrong based on the way it's acting. I set "verbose" to true in the AspectManager. When I deploy my app, I see messages like "looking for aspects", "found @Aspect", and "Deployed AOP" on both boxes. So far, so good. However, on one box, the first time I invoke my application, I see all kinds of debug output about "iterate binding", "method matched binding", etc. On the other box, no output from AOP at all, and none of my aspects are ever invoked. It's like they just don't exist. Looking at the AspectManager MBean, the only noticeable difference is that the output of invoking registeredClassLoaders() on the box that works is:

org.jboss.util.loading.DelegatingClassLoader@6bfd73
      org.jboss.mx.loading.UnifiedClassLoader3@1bed674{ url=file:/usr/local/jboss-4.0.1/server/hms/tmp/deploy/tmp37828scorpio-1.0.ear

on the box that doesn't work, I get nothing back from that operation.

I'm sure I'm just doing something bone-headed here, but I thought I'd run it by the forum and see if anyone had some quick suggestions of what I might be doing wrong. Thanks.

--Tim