2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2007 9:55 AM by kabirkhan

Scoped AOP rewrite probably delayed

kabirkhan

Hi Adrian,

As you know, I've been looking at the Scoped AOP stuff, and I think I am starting to see your bigger picture. The problem is I don't think I will be able to get this done in time for the AOP release needed by next weekend for JBoss 5 beta 3, since I am still in the figuring-out stage. Is this an ESSENTIAL feature for the AS beta? I was not clear on this following our call on Friday. Obviously, if this does not get done by then we will not have the scoped AOP feature in that AS beta so the scoped aop tests will fail, but AFAIK no other modules really depend on that?

• 1. Re: Scoped AOP rewrite probably delayed

It's only ESSENTIAL if we switch over to the new classloader by default.

We're probably too close to the beta3 release to do that now,
          i.e. go through all the re-testing to iron out any problems/invalid assumptions
          made by code that it reveals.

If it isn't done by beta3 then we want to do as soon as possible after that release.

I do want to get the new classloader in soon so we can properly
          modularize the bootstrap, i.e. optional AOP/JMX/etc rather than one big
          bootstrap-beans.xml

• 2. Re: Scoped AOP rewrite probably delayed
            kabirkhan

OK, good. This task is top of my list, so I will keep at it - so if we do the classloader switch after beta3, we should be good to go