1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 24, 2003 5:09 AM by idow

Can not invoke methods on remote interface via RMI/IIOP

idow Newbie

I'm trying to run a simple iiop stateless session bean from the org.jboss.test.helloiiop example.
      I got the ._HelloHome_Stub using lookup and narrow, and managed to call it's create method and get a _Hello_Stub instance. I can see by looking at the JBoss logs that the stubs were downloaded to the client, and that they contain the right signatures for the bean home and remote interfaces.
      I also saw that the IOR of the stubs the client has match the IOR that JBoss deployed.

But when the client invoke a method on the _Hello_Stub the following exception is thrown:

java.rmi.RemoteException: CORBA BAD_OPERATION 0 No; nested exception is:
      org.omg.CORBA.BAD_OPERATION: vmcid: 0x0 minor code: 0 completed: No
      at com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.ShutdownUtilDelegate.mapSystemException(ShutdownUtilDelegate.java:134)
      at javax.rmi.CORBA.Util.mapSystemException(Util.java:65)
      at org.jboss.test.helloiiop.interfaces._Hello_Stub.hello(Unknown Source)
      at org.jboss.test.helloiiop.test.HelloTimingStressTestCase.testHello(HelloTimingStressTestCase.java:118)
      at org.jboss.test.helloiiop.test.HelloTimingStressTestCase.main(HelloTimingStressTestCase.java:45)
      Caused by: org.omg.CORBA.BAD_OPERATION: vmcid: 0x0 minor code: 0 completed: No
      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
      at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
      at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:296)
      at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:249)
      at com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.messages.ReplyMessage_1_2.getSystemException(ReplyMessage_1_2.java:90)
      at com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.ClientResponseImpl.getSystemException(ClientResponseImpl.java:105)
      at com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.ClientDelegate.invoke(ClientDelegate.java:303)
      at org.omg.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl._invoke(ObjectImpl.java:457)
      ... 3 more

I'm using JBoss 3.2.1 (I also tried it before on 3.0.1)

Any help would be appreciated...

Ido