1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 28, 2004 3:57 PM by ryan.campbell

Overriding predefined junit properties when running function

ovidiu.feodorov

Sometimes during local test runs I want to be able to override predefined properties, in a flexible manner.

Example: During a command line functional test run (tests/build.xml), I want to send the test output to stdout and also I want my entire build to fail if at least one test fails.

This is simple to achieve if I set junit.formatter.usefile=false and junit.haltonfailure=true. However, this values come predefined (through a series of imports, the values that take precedence are those from jboss-head/tools/etc/buildmagic/task.properties) and they can only be overridden on command line using -Dpropname=value

Is there an already existing way to specify these overrides, short of listing them on the command line?

If it isn't, a possibility would be to list them in a local build.properties file and the build script to generate -D flags based on its content. The properties will be overridden only when the build is initiated by the build.sh script.

I changed JBossMessaging tests/build.sh to behave this way. If you think it is an useful mechanism, we could integrate it in the generic build

• 1. Re: Overriding predefined junit properties when running func

Ant has a built in mechanism for doing this.

ant -propertyfile build.properties

You could have several different property files for the different configurations and just change the configuration when you call ant.

Alternatively, you could add the property file reference before the imports if you want it to take effect for all users.

<project default="tests" name="JBoss/Messaging">
           <property file="build.properties">