1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 7, 2009 9:03 AM by karypid

Baby steps: Eclipse + JDK1.6

Hi again,

Another dumb question: I've imported the project into eclipse. The maven projects reference the jdk called "J2SE-1.5". I know it is possible to compile using JDK 1.6 (the command-line build with "mvn package" works just fine). In Eclipse however, I tried to cheat by adding a JDK with that name (which points to Sun JDK 1.6.0_14 in reality) and I get hundreds of errors like:

Access restriction: The constructor Service(URL, QName) is not accessible due to restriction on required library D:\aiq\jbossws\runtime\jdk1.6.0_14\jre\lib\rt.jar

Since most (maybe all?) of these classes are under javax.xml.bind.* I'm guessing they have something to do with JAXB differences among 1.5 and 1.6, which the command-line compile solves somehow. How can I make these go away in eclipse? Or should I simply revert to 1.5? What is the "every day" environment you guys work with?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Baby steps: Eclipse + JDK1.6

Ok, I saw that there were actual access restrictions imposed in the JDK libraries by the project settings, this is intentional. I changed my preferences to tell Eclipse to "ignore" those errors. Now the only problem I have is that I am missing some classes for the code in:

org.jboss.test.ws.tools.metadata.WebServicesMetaDataTestCase

In this test case Eclipse complains that it can't find 3 classes from org.jboss.xb.binding package.

Findjar (http://www.findjar.com/class/org/jboss/xb/binding/ObjectModelFactory.html) says this can be found in JBoss 4.2.3 within jboss-xml-binding.jar. This can't be right, so... any ideas?