0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2008 2:52 AM by jbossja

Context Menu with Rich Component Control

jbossja

I have been trying to implement a Right Click Contextual Menu for the past two weeks. I seem to get a bit closer now. I would like any help or comments

Requirements
      = = = = = = =
      - Menu is triggered on Right Clicking command Links which are tree node items (i am using tomahawk tree node component)
      - The Levels in the menu is not fixed
      - Ability to unbind selected objects into a SFSB

First Approach
      = = = = = = =
      From the examples, I tried a simple implementation of the right click contextual menu which seemed to suite my needs and also would have solved my problem quickly.

I was hoping that the t:updateActionListener would behave just as it did with h:commandLinks.

<h:commandLink .... >

<rich:contextMenu event="oncontextmenu" attached="true" submitMode="none">

<rich:menuItem value="Add">
       <t:updateActionListener property="#{myBean.selectedValue}" value="{view}"/>
       </rich:menuItem>

</rich:contextMenu>

</h:commandLink>

This one led to a hazardous behaviour with tree node items disappearing randomly and some actions not triggered as it should.

Second Approach
      = = = = = = = =

I am trying with the second example given.

<rich:contextMenu event="oncontextmenu" attached="false" id="menu" submitMode="server" rendered="#{guidelineEditorBean.displayProperties.viewMode}">

<rich:menuItem ajaxSingle="true" value="Edit" action="#{guidelineEditorBean.editPage}">
       <a4j:actionparam name="pageEdit" assignTo="#{guidelineEditorBean.selectedPageId}" value="{selectedPageView}"/>

<rich:menuItem ajaxSingle="true" value="Delete {selectedPageView}" action="#{guidelineEditorBean.deletePage}">
       <a4j:actionparam name="pageDelete" assignTo="#{guidelineEditorBean.selectedPageId}" value="{selectedPageView}"/>

<rich:menuGroup value="Add" rendered="#{guidelineEditorBean.pageViewToPaste == null}">
       <rich:menuItem ajaxSingle="true" value="Above" action="#{guidelineEditorBean.addPageAbove}">
       <a4j:actionparam name="pageAbove" assignTo="#{guidelineEditorBean.selectedPageId}" value="{selectedPageView}"/>

<rich:menuItem ajaxSingle="true" value="Below" action="#{guidelineEditorBean.addPageBelow}">
       <a4j:actionparam name="pageBelow" assignTo="#{guidelineEditorBean.selectedPageId}" value="{selectedPageView}"/>

<rich:menuItem ajaxSingle="true" value="Sub" action="#{guidelineEditorBean.addSubPage}">
       <a4j:actionparam name="pageSub" assignTo="#{guidelineEditorBean.selectedPageId}" value="{selectedPageView}"/>

</rich:menuGroup>

</rich:contextMenu>

<rich:dataTable var="pageView" value="#{guidelineHierarchyBean.allPageViews}">

<rich:column>

<h:commandLink value="#{pageView.page.pageName}"
       rendered="#{guidelineEditorBean.displayProperties.viewMode}"
       >

<rich:componentControl rendered="#{guidelineEditorBean.displayProperties.viewMode}"
       event="onmouseover" for="menu" operation="show">
       <f:param value="#{pageView.page.pageId}" name="selectedPageView"/>
       </rich:componentControl>

<h:commandLink value="#{pageView.page.pageName}"
       action="#{guidelineEditorBean.setPage}"
       rendered="#{!guidelineEditorBean.displayProperties.viewMode}"
       >

<t:updateActionListener property="#{guidelineEditorBean.selectedPageView}" value="#{pageView}"/>

</rich:column>

</rich:dataTable>

This one seems to be working but my problems are:
      - How do i get the right click contextual menu to be triggered on right click. There seem to be no event="oncontextmenu" for the rich component control

- The a4j:actionparam seems only to be working for String, Integer and boolean. Is there a way with which I can unbind objects to my SFSB

Thnx for any help

Regards,
      Yogesh