1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 30, 2003 9:58 PM by grrrrr

request for tomcat5 walk-through

grrrrr

hi,

i'm swimming in posts trying to find out how to get a jboss server with tomcat5 integration.

i got to the part where i type build.bat in a source snapshot

i dont particularly care to build jboss, but i would love to know what to do to build tomcat5-sar and dump it into a 4.0-DR2 installation to replace tomcat41

i currently have tomcat5 standalone, have no idea how to link it up with mbeans, and just need to get my jsp 2.0/stl app to work on jboss and sign off on it.

any assistance would be greatly appreciated, id love to spend 5 minutes today modding jboss and the rest of my day working on MY bugs, instead of crawling the entirety of the forums until lunch

thanks.

• 1. Re: request for tomcat5 walk-through
          grrrrr

my wasted day proceeded as follows:

1) download head revision, unpack
          2) type build.bat
          3) delete jbossweb[-*] from ${JBOSS_HOME}/deploy
          4) fish out the sar/dir from src build with tomcat5, update the tomcat5 jars as needed

roughly:
          cp [-vr] ${jboss_src}/tomcat/output/default/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat5.sar
          ${jboss}..//default/deploy/

5) the coupe de grace: severlet.jar

here's my historically correct shell commands, ymmv
          >find|grep servlet-api.jar
          >cp ./server/default/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat50.sar/servlet-api.jar ./server/all/lib/javax.servlet.jar
          >cp ./server/default/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat50.sar/servlet-api.jar ./server/default/lib/javax.servlet.jar