1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 11, 2004 10:32 PM by stephoule

configuaring embedded tomcat on jboss-3.2.3

nischalsharma

hi
      friends

earlier i was using standalone tomcat-4.1 ,now i want to deploy my application on jboss-embedded tomcat container.but i dont know the
      configuration file where i will add the context path similar way we usually
      use server.xml to set the tag for this.

if any one knows about this ,then please help me..

• 1. 3816468
          stephoule

Hi Guys,

we have a working version of Tomcat 4.0.6 and Jboss 2.4.7 and now i want to upgrade jus Tomcat to 5.0.16 and i am seeing issues.

I DONT WANT TO UPGRADE JBOSS TO 3.X Version (i know Jboss 3.0.X is embedded with tomcat) but it would take lot of time for upgrading both app and web server.for our application.

Please let me know if we can integrate Jboss 2.4.7 with Tomcat 5.0.16. I am noticing few null pointer exceptions and also i noticed that some class files are not present in latest catalina.jar which is weird (ex:XmlMapper.java).

Any comments would be really appreciated.

Thanks for ur time
          Suresh

Error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/catalina/util/xml/XmlMapper
          at org.jboss.web.catalina.EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX.initCatalina(EmbeddedCatalinaS
          erviceSX.java:258)
          at org.jboss.web.catalina.EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX.startService(EmbeddedCatalinaS
          erviceSX.java:184)
          at org.jboss.util.ServiceMBeanSupport.start(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:103)
          at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor5.invoke(Unknown Source)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.ja
          va:25)
          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
          at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1628)
          at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1523)
          at org.jboss.configuration.ConfigurationService$ServiceProxy.invoke(ConfigurationS
          ervice.java:967)
          at $Proxy0.start(Unknown Source)
          at org.jboss.util.ServiceControl.start(ServiceControl.java:79)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.ja
          va:25)
          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
          at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1628)
          at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1523)
          at org.jboss.Main.(Main.java:208)
          at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:110)
          at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
          at org.jboss.Main.main(Main.java:106)