6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2003 7:24 PM by julien1

Group Module Finished

noel.rocher

Hi,

Here is the Group Module. (a class and 2 resources US & FR)

Julien,
      - I didn't include the jboss-service.xml (nuke-sar) where you should add the mbean part for the group module (copy and past from above mbean).

- Didn't remember if you already add a findAll method on GroupEJB but it's required (ORDER BY g.name)

- Please, can u add a unique index on group name (unicity is tested in postNuke).

I continue on FAQ module that should be finished soon (I've undestood a lot of things with Group Module).

Noel

PS : for internationalization we talked about in an other forum, we should consider that the name is part of the security checks (test_instance of Api.secAuthAction(...)

• 1. Re: Group Module Finished
          noel.rocher

Forgot :

On GroupEJB, u should remove the id from the create methode.

• 2. Re: Group Module Finished

ok I will do the stuff tonight or tomorrow.

you guys are giving me lot of work with module integration ! :-) I looove it.

• 3. Re: Group Module Finished
              marc.fleury

Bien joue noel, merci de ta contribution

• 4. Re: Group Module Finished

It's integrated.

I had to change some things because the original module has some evident flaws.

For instance I removed getUsers() from GroupEJB.
                We have lot of users in DB and that cmr is not traversable at all !!!!

Instead I added a findUserByGroup(group,limit,offset) of UserEJBLocal which is way more efficent.

I removed also the user counting because not possible in EJB (a lack in my opinion).
                Simply group.getUsers().size() is not usable if you have lot of users.

I removed auto-pk generation also. Because when a group is created you have to provide its ID. Much better control over groups. For instance group with id 0 is always visitor. Etc....

julien

• 5. Re: Group Module Finished
                  andersdahlberg

> I removed also the user counting because not possible
                  > in EJB (a lack in my opinion).

I guess you already know this but ejb2.1 does include COUNT (and other aggregate funtions - ejb spec. 11.2.7.2)
                  but I guess you need this to work on j2ee1.3 servers ;)

/Anders

• 6. Re: Group Module Finished

no I didn't know it. I'll use it when available.

jboss cmp engine is not 2.1 yet. do you know a *true* work around ?

also I've just added some lack to that module :

1.basic search, not embeded in group search.
                    2.possibility to have all group info for a given user, so you know all of its group and can remove it from them.

julien