7 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2003 12:21 AM by theute

Problem building Nukes

regismelo

Hello!

I get the following error when I call build from /nukes/build:

configure-libraries:

BUILD FAILED
      file:D:/nukes/nukes/nukes/../tools/etc/buildfragments/buildmagic.ent:95: D:\jbos
      s-3.2.0_tomcat-4.1.24\server\default\deploy\jbossweb.sar not found.

The file jbossweb.sar really doesn't exist in JBoss. I'm using JBoss 3.2.0.

• 1. Re: Problem building Nukes
          jmatt

you have to use 3.2.0 RC4 some of the files have changed since then and nukes has not been updated.

• 2. Re: Problem building Nukes

3.2.1 is out soon, I'll rather adapt to it, since I have some commits to do for 3.2.1 I need for nukes.

julien

• 3. Re: Problem building Nukes
              regismelo

I downloaded JBoss 3.2.0 RC4, but the problem persist...

BUILD FAILED
              file:D:/nukes/nukes/nukes/../tools/etc/buildfragments/buildmagic.ent:95: D:\jbos
              s-3.2.0RC4_tomcat-4.1.18\server\default\deploy\jbossweb.sar not found.

• 4. Re: Problem building Nukes

s-3.2.0RC4_tomcat-4.1.18\server\default\deploy\jbossweb.sar not found.

you have to the version not bundled with tomcat,

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/jboss/jboss-3.2.0RC4.zip?download

• 5. Re: Problem building Nukes
                  regismelo

It works - I compile the code with sucess, but when I try to deploy I got the error:

org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequenc
                  e (0xe3); - nested throwable: (java.io.UTFDataFormatException: invalid byte 2 of
                  3-byte UTF-8 sequence (0xe3))
                  at org.jboss.metadata.XmlFileLoader.getDocument(XmlFileLoader.java:271)
                  at org.jboss.metadata.XmlFileLoader.getDocumentFromURL(XmlFileLoader.jav
                  a:217)
                  at org.jboss.metadata.XmlFileLoader.load(XmlFileLoader.java:136)
                  at org.jboss.ejb.EJBDeployer.create(EJBDeployer.java:370)
                  at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.create(MainDeployer.java:784)
                  at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.create(MainDeployer.java:776)
                  at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:639)
                  at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:613)
                  at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor28.invoke(Unknown Source)
                  at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
                  sorImpl.java:25)
                  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
                  at org.jboss.mx.capability.ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedMBea
                  nDispatcher.java:284)

I'm following the steps from http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=html&op=userdisplay&id=developers/projects/nukes/index

Thanks!

• 6. Re: Problem building Nukes
                    yanikc

I had the same Exception raised for some project not related to Nukes/JBoss.

It was in Ant, trying to execute the "junitreport" task. This task calls Jakarta XML (Xalan and Xerces) and the "invald byte 2 of 3-byte UTF sequece" exception is rooted deep into the XSLT engine.

Finally I have found that, unless specifically configured, the XML stuff does not support characters with accents. When I have removed the 'é' in the file.xsl, the problem disapreared.

So, if somewhere in the XML and/or XSL file there is a word in French, German, Spanish etc. with letters not common in English, you often have the java.io.UTFDataFormatException raised.

• 7. Re: Problem building Nukes
                      theute

According to your path in the error message you are not using the RC4, pleas use the RC4 as it's the only release supported for now.
                      You can find it here:
                      http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/jboss/jboss-3.2.0RC4.zip?download