4 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2003 3:45 AM by julien1

Deploy error

regismelo

I can't deploy Nukes on JBoss....

I discover this in ejb-jar.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <!DOCTYPE ejb-jar PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Enterprise JavaBeans 2.0//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/ejb-jar_2_0.dtd">

<ejb-jar >

<![CDATA[Sem Descrição.]]>
      <display-name>Gerado pelo XDoclet</display-name>

There is a accent in phrase "Sem Descrição". My regional settings is Portuguese-Brazilian.

The exception that ocurrs is:

2003-05-06 12:13:17,595 ERROR [org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer] could not create deployment: file:/D:/jboss-3.2.0RC4/server/default/tmp/deploy/server/default/deploy/nukes.ear/29.nukes.ear-contents/nukes-ejb.jar
      org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence (0xe3); - nested throwable: (java.io.UTFDataFormatException: invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence (0xe3))
      at org.jboss.metadata.XmlFileLoader.getDocument(XmlFileLoader.java:271)
      at org.jboss.metadata.XmlFileLoader.getDocumentFromURL(XmlFileLoader.java:217)
      at org.jboss.metadata.XmlFileLoader.load(XmlFileLoader.java:136)
      at org.jboss.ejb.EJBDeployer.create(EJBDeployer.java:370)
      at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.create(MainDeployer.java:784)
      at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.create(MainDeployer.java:776)
      at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:639)

• 1. Re: Deploy error

what you should do is to use an xml entity for that.

for instance " is coded as &amp;apos;. you have to find the entity for the char you need.

usually if you know the "ascii" number of you char (I mean the name like \u00xx) you can also use it with &x00xx; something like that.

another point this is a user nukes forum question, not a dev.

julien

• 2. Re: Deploy error

it seems above all that the xdoclet version is localised. maybe you're not able to edit and replace the content since this is build by nukes. I will see from where it comes.

julien

• 3. Re: Deploy error
              regismelo

Sorry Cooper... But, there is no posts in user forum.

I'm trying to compile and run nukes... Trying and trying...

I'm very interesting to use and contribute to Nukes. But, how can I contribute, if I cannot run Nukes?

• 4. Re: Deploy error

don't cry, I have modified build so now description and displayname are empty strings.

do an update of your working copy, take your notepad and give me good contribution stuff.

julien