4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2003 8:58 AM by videoace3

Deployment Problem

videoace3

Could someone please help me here?
      I just pick up the latest snapshop and built it with no errors, however when I deploy nuke I get the following error from JBoss:

2003-09-25 22:46:50,437 DEBUG [org.jboss.system.ServiceController] starting service nukes:service=JDBCDeploymentScanner
      2003-09-25 22:46:50,437 INFO [org.jboss.nukes.system.JDBCDeploymentScanner] Starting
      2003-09-25 22:46:50,437 ERROR [org.jboss.nukes.system.JDBCDeploymentScanner] An error occured during the JDBC scan
      javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: @nukes.datasource@ not bound
      at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:495)
      at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:503)
      at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getObject(NamingServer.java:509)
      at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.lookup(NamingServer.java:282)
      at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:499)
      at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:478)
      at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347)
      at org.jboss.nukes.system.JDBCDeploymentScanner.job(Unknown Source)
      at org.jboss.nukes.system.JDBCDeploymentScanner.scan(Unknown Source)
      at org.jboss.nukes.system.JDBCDeploymentScanner$1.run(Unknown Source)
      at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:432)
      at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:382)

Thanks,
      Bill

• 1. Re: Deployment Problem

fin nukes/build/etc there are two files : local.properties-example and local.properties-mysql

you must copy one of these files in nukes/build as local.properties.

then when you build, the @nukes.datasource@ are replaced with values according the database you have chosen

julien

• 2. Re: Deployment Problem
            videoace3

Thanks Julien it worked.
            It seems as though I'm missing some important modules, the only modules list on the left side are:

Manage Groups
            Manage HTML
            My Account
            Change your Info
            Select Theme
            Logout/Exit

I don't seem to have access to user, journal, section,adminmessages and FAQ modules. Could it have something to do with the fact that I built it from that wrong folder? e.g. nukes-snapshot/nukes/build.bat nukes-snapshot/nukes/build.bat deploy

Thanks,
            Bill

• 3. Re: Deployment Problem

if you want to see these module you have to install them separately. we did that so we can keep a core nukes relatively small and let the user decide what he wants to install.

so for instance if you want ot install section module, you go in nukes/section and perform and "build deploy"

julien

• 4. Re: Deployment Problem
                videoace3

Ok I understand, however this still does not give me the ability to manage users because there does not seem to be a separate module folder for user, or is this feature not directly implemented through a separate module. I apollagize if I'm being a pain, I don't mean too. I only want to fully understand the system and it's capabilitys. I think that this project conceptually is an awsome idea and am looking forward to developing modules for this project.

Thanks again for all your help,
                Bill