3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2003 12:10 PM by friderman

strange mysql exception in jboss3.2.3

friderman

When I try to do anything in nukes that involves a INSERT I get an exception like the attached one(example from faq adding a faq category but it happens everywhere).
      I think i've done all the steps for building and deploying ok... Might it be a bug?

my system:

windows 2000
      mysql Ver 12.20 Distrib 4.0.13, for Win95/Win98 (i32)
      mysql-connector-java-3.0.8-stable-bin.jar
      jboss 3.2.3RC1
      and nukes from CVS two or three days ago.

Thank you!

FRiDeRMaN

-- exception reported -- extract

2003-11-18 20:19:27,781 ERROR [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor] TransactionRolledbackLocalException in method: public abstract org.jboss.nukes.addons.modules.faq.ejb.FaqCategoryEJBLocal org.jboss.nukes.addons.modules.faq.ejb.FaqCategoryEJBLocalHome.create(org.jboss.nukes.addons.modules.faq.ejb.FaqCategoryEJBLocal,java.lang.String,java.lang.String) throws javax.ejb.CreateException, causedBy:
      java.sql.SQLException: Syntax error or access violation, message from server: "You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'CALL IDENTITY()' at line 1"
      at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:1651)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:889)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:956)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQuery(MysqlIO.java:928)

[...] see full exception in attached file

• 1. Re: strange mysql exception in jboss3.2.3

it's simply because this is build with HSQLDB instead of mysql support.
          update the file nukes/build/local.properties with the content of nukes/build/etc/local.properties-mysql and rebuild nukes

• 2. Re: strange mysql exception in jboss3.2.3
            friderman

Sorry!
            You are right!
            I got a little mess with different downloaded versions and I made the change of local.properties in the wrong, old directory!
            Because this stupidity I spend the whole evening on it!

Thank you very much.

• 3. Possible build script error?
              friderman

I did it in the good directory the first time!
              I've been trying to compile it again and I found the build script overrides the local.properties with the local.properties-example in the etc dir. So I always get nukes compiled for the example database (hypersonic). The easy workaround is to rename local.properties-example or delete it. Strange, isn't? I think it's related with the buildmagic script

<!-- Setup the local.properties file as needed -->

Thank you.