4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2003 3:38 PM by tjansto

user access and themes

morning folk,
      when i add a new theme, it seems to work fine with one exception. if a user is not a member of the admin group, they can not see the theme name in the list to select from. in checking the UserModule.java source, the line

if (api.secAuthAction("user:theme:", name + "::", Constants.SEC_ACCESS_READ))

is returning false for the new theme i am adding if the user belongs to the user group, but true if an admin user. i haven't found anywhere else to specify the level access except in the jboss-service.xml file, which is as follows:
      <permission
      group="Users"
      component-pattern="user:theme:"
      instance-pattern="(seabreeze|standard|invaders|extralite)::"
      level="READ"/>

and the mbean deployment is listed as :

<mbean
      code="org.jboss.nukes.core.themes.standard.StandardTheme"
      name="nukes.themes:name=standard"
      xmbean-dd=""
      xmbean-code="org.jboss.nukes.component.NukesMBean">
      nukes.modules:name=core

i appreciate the effort put into this project, and any help i might get in this matter.

thanks

• 1. Re: user access and themes

you should check that the name of the standard theme is "standard" in the JMX console first

• 2. Re: user access and themes

already did that, and it shows up correctly. to validate i also compared it with the jmx-console settings with the extralite theme, and they appear exactly the same, same operations on the mbean, and the same parameters for each of those members. on the jmx-console page, the jboss.management.local section shows

J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=Local,ServiceModule=nukes.sar,j2eeType=MBean,name=nukes.themes:name=extralite
            J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=Local,ServiceModule=nukes.sar,j2eeType=MBean,name=nukes.themes:name=invaders
            J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=Local,ServiceModule=nukes.sar,j2eeType=MBean,name=nukes.themes:name=seabreeze
            J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=Local,ServiceModule=nukes.sar,j2eeType=MBean,name=nukes.themes:name=standard

and under the nukes.themes section

name=extralite
            name=invaders
            name=seabreeze
            name=standard

or are you telling me that the theme name of 'standard' is already used some where else in the jboss code base?

• 3. Re: user access and themes

look at the "name" attribute in the module JMX properties

• 4. Re: user access and themes

i also already checked that. they were the same format and pattern as the extralite, seabreeze, and invaders. as a test, i created another theme, to be sure i didn't miss something in the deployment of the first. it behaved exactly as the first theme i created. everything is fine for admin, but it is inaccessible on the chgthemes page for group user. i can set the default for the user group to either of the themes i added, but the user can't select them to change their theme on their own. this really is no big deal, as i will lock the theme to what i want them to have (much like jboss does), but i just didn't understand the behaviour.